SOX Compliance with CREDANT
Enforce Sarbanes Oxley Data Security Mandates are Enforced
The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act is definitely a regulation with “teeth.”
This United States law aims to protect shareholders and the general public from fraud and errors in accounting practices by publicly held organizations. SOX holds The CEO and CFO are held accountable for maintaining effective internal controls over financial and operational processes. In fact, these executives must sign an attestation that they are responsible and that the internal controls in their organization meet the requirements of SOX. Failure to comply can result in significant fines and even criminal penalties.
Mobile Device Security a Must for SOX Compliance
The security requirements for data residing on mobile devices are particularly rigorous. These requirements include:
- Defining what kinds of mobile devices can be used
- What information can be stored on them (e.g. customer information or intellectual property)
- Who can use them
- Where they can be used — whether at home, at the office or on the road.
A Unique Solution for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
So far, so difficult. Fortunately, there are data protection solutions designed to protect data wherever it resides. CREDANT Mobile Guardian can help organizations address SOX requirements – and more – through the proper protection, management and recovery of data stored on mobile devices.
Only CREDANT enables organizations to:
- Encrypt and secure data across multiple, diverse platforms from a single console
- Create automatic audit trails that offer proof of end-to-end data security
- Provide a transparent end-user interface that supports user productivity while keeping data safe
CREDANT provides centrally-managed, highly scalable and architecturally flexible security to manage all data endpoints. With CREDANT, organizations can:
- Ensure data security without the risk of users placing data in areas that are not encrypted
- Provide confidentiality, privacy and auditing of data residing on any endpoint
- Protect sensitive data from unwarranted access, thus reducing the risk of internal breaches