GLBA Compliance with CREDANT
Support GLBA with Flexible Security to Manage all Data Endpoints
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) was enacted to allow commercial and investment banks to consolidate. The law requires financial organizations to securely store personal financial information, including data stored on mobile devices. The organizations must also advise consumers of their policies on sharing of personal financial information. Finally, they must give consumers the option to decline some sharing of personal financial information.
The regulation has resulted in far-reaching consequences for the financial industry. In addition to banks, securities firms, and insurance companies, GLBA affects any organization that services consumer loans, transfers money, prepares tax returns, or provides financial advice. Non-compliance can lead to severe civil and criminal penalties, including fines of up to $100,000 per violation and imprisonment.
Compliance Without Disruption to Key Processes
CREDANT Mobile Guardian helps organizations achieve GLBA compliance without disruptive changes in operations and support processes. CREDANT can detect and report on devices transparently across the enterprise network. It can also automatically install identity- and role-based security software on mobile devices with the ability to:
- Authenticate users by having them enter a PIN, password or the answer to a pre-determined question
- Automatically encrypt all vital information stored on all types of mobile devices
- Track and maintain mobile device inventories to support internal controls for the use of mobile devices
CREDANT Solutions in use Worldwide
More than 775 enterprises and government agencies — including 50 of the Global 500 – rely on CREDANT to ensure security compliance, protect their brand and enhance IT and end-user productivity.
With CREDANT, organizations can:
- Ensure data security without the risk of users placing data in areas that are not encrypted
- Provide confidentiality, privacy and auditing of data residing on any endpoint
- Protect sensitive data from unwarranted access, thus reducing risk of internal breaches