FISMA Compliance with CREDANT
Strategic Solutions for FISMA Compliance
In the 21st Century, national defense considers data security every bit as crucial as border security. One data breach can result in enormous instability for public-sector departments as well as private-sector businesses.
Because of this threat, the United States Congress passed the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) in 2002, providing the framework for securing the federal government’s information technology. As a result, many government agencies must implement data security programs based on standards developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
In addition to taking on these data security protocols, government agencies and the organizations who deal with them must also perform ongoing assessments and conduct annual reviews on the effectiveness of their data protection programs. Results have to be reported to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) annually. The report must contain evaluations of information security programs’ effectiveness, along with proof that the agency has developed a coordinated strategy of addressing information security threats.
Compliance Support Based on Specific FISMA Requirements
CREDANT Mobile Guardian ensures that your agency can meet FISMA encryption and data security requirements– regardless of where your data resides.
With CREDANT, FISMA-affected organizations can:
- Develop strategic data protection solutions that meet FISMA requirements
- Encrypt data using FIPS-140-2 compliant algorithms
- Provide FISMA-compatible reports based on audits of data activity at endpoints
- Ensure data security without the risk of users placing data in areas that are not encrypted
- Reduce the risk of internal data breaches by protecting sensitive data from unwarranted access
CREDANT Mobile Guardian’s Exclusive Data Protection Capabilities
From desktops to iPods, CREDANT offers endpoint data protection that has no equal for effectiveness. Only CREDANT lets your organization:
- Encrypt and secure data across multiple, diverse platforms from a single console
- Create automatic audit trails that offer proof of end-to-end data security
- Provide a transparent end-user interface that supports user productivity while keeping data safe