CREDANT For Legal Organisations
Secure, Compliance-Ready Data Management
Mandates concerning discovery and disclosure in legal cases, such as the United States Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) apply to the activities of law firms. In addition, a growing number of regulations, state statutes and federal laws impose hefty penalties, liabilities, sanctions, and even potential imprisonment of legal firm management when sensitive information is compromised. Law firms are keenly aware of these legislative obligations – but they still continue to use and store data across a growing number of endpoints, making their data vulnerable to loss, theft, and leaks.
The 2008 American Bar Association Legal Technology Survey included the following findings:
- Use of laptop computers versus desktop models in law firms has jumped 14% from 2007 to 2008
- In 2008, 76% of respondents reported the availability of smartphones or Blackberries at their firms, up from 55% in 2007
- 8% of respondents report that their firms have experienced a security breach
As a result, law firms have an urgent need to protect endpoint data wherever it resides – and provide compliance-ready proof of this protection.
CREDANT Meets Law Firms’ Data Protection Needs
CREDANT is unique in providing a centrally-managed, flexible solution for data endpoint protection. With CREDANT, law firms can:
- Encrypt and secure client data across multiple, diverse platforms from a single console
- Create automatic audit trails that offer proof of end-to-end data security
- Provide a transparent end-user interface that supports user productivity while keeping data safe
- Protect data from leaving the firm unencrypted on USB flash drives or other forms of removable media
- Protect data from unapproved access, thus reducing risk of internal breaches