CREDANT for External Media
External Media Data Protection
CREDANT Mobile Guardian External Media Shield (EMS) provides unique policy-based data encryption, centralized administration and reporting for endpoint data protection, both within the network and beyond.
Enterprise users need fast, flexible data access from a variety of remote locations—airports, coffee shops, restaurants and home offices on a variety of endpoint devices:
- USB Sticks
- External storage devices
- CD/DVD media
With External Media Shield, users can access and update external media from any computer, without compromising data protection.
Endpoint Device Encryption
When endpoint devices connect to a CREDANT-protected desktop, laptop, or smartphones for the first time, CREDANT detects the device and prompts the user to set a password for future access to it. Administrators can centrally define and enforce password strength via security policies. Once the password is set, CREDANT automatically provisions the client with the CREDANT External Media Shield, providing secured data encryption keys and policies to the device.
From this point forward, the device is password protected and all data added to it is automatically scanned and encrypted per policy.
External Media Shield for USB Stick Encryption
External Media Shield provides organizations the following business-critical benefits:
- Data encryption on all portable endpoint devices (i.e. USB Stick)
- Encrypted data access available for Mac OS X and Windows
- Flexible workflows when accessing shielded media from protected enterprise computers, unprotected home computers or even public kiosk computers
- Cost-effective, central administration of policies
- Enhanced reporting to support regulatory compliance
- Quick deployment and easy scalability
Ask for more information about CREDANT External Media Shield and to provide endpoint device data protection.